[tweetmeme source=HtNaMuS only_single=false]
Recently i have seen Gmail’s Official blog in which i found the different ways to attach a file to a email message.So i thought it will be useful to many so i am posting the different ways here.They have given 5 different ways to add and view an attachment, here are those 5 ways.
1. Drag attachments in :
Attaching multiple files one by one is no fun. Instead, just multi-select the files you want to attach by holding down the Ctrl key (or Command on a Mac) and clicking on each file you want to attach. Holding down the Shift key will select a continuous list of files.
3. Never forget an attachment again :
Gmail looks for phrases in your email that suggest you meant to attach a file (things like "I've attached" or "see attachment") and warns you if it looks like you forgot to do so. Every day, this saves tons of people the embarrassment of having to send a follow up email with the file actually attached.
4. View attachments online:
When you receive an attachment, sometimes you just want to view it and there's no need to download or save to your desktop. The Google Docs viewer allows you to view .pdf, .ppt, and .tiff files in your browser. Just click the "View" link at the bottom of the message.
5. Find that long lost attachment via search :
If you're looking for an attachment someone has sent to you, Gmail's advanced search operators can help you find what you're looking for quickly and accurately.
A couple examples:
- To find all messages that contain attachments: has:attachment
- To find all messages from your friend David that contain attachments: from:david has:attachment
- To find all messages that have .pdf attachments: has:attachment pdf
- To find a specific attachment named physicshomework. txt: filename:physicshomework.txt
I think the 3rd one will become a superb feature because many times we forgot to attach files so this will be a very helpful feature to all of us.